- PowerBlock’s Sportbench has five backrest positions from flat to military, including 30, 45 and 60 degree angles in between.
- The seat position also can be adjusted – when the backrest is at an incline the seat will sit downwards, but it means you won’t slip off while lifting.
- The gap between the seat and backrest is pretty small relative to many other benches, making it more comfortable to use.
- Out of stock; get notified when new shipments arrive: Sign Up for Alerts >
- The bench is 50” by 21” by 16” when flat and only weighs 57lbs. So the SportBench is fairly easy to move around, and much lighter than most commercial workout benches.
- The SportBench has a 550lb weight capacity, which should be sufficient for most users. However, we always encourage heavy lifters to look at TuffStuff benches as they are crafted from higher gauge steel.
- Low-profile bench with a height of just 16” allows your feet to be firmly planted on the floor during exercise.
Quality of Materials
- Designed with 2” x 3” 14-gauge steel tubing. This is sufficient for most users, however we encourage heavy lifters to look at TuffStuff benches as they are crafted from higher 11-gauge steel.
- The backrest and seat are padded with tapered upholstered cushions.
- There are wheels attached at the back of the bench and a handle for easy transport.
- The SportBench may be expanded with an optional dip attachment for an added cost. The dip attachment, which slides into the back of the bench, allows you to work your triceps even more to add further variety to your workout.
- It can hold a weight of 250lbs. The idea is great – but some users have found it’s not as stable as they would like it to be. While the dip attachmentitself is solid construction and a sturdy piece of equipment, it can move about and wobble when attached to the backbone frame.
Installation & Assembly
- The PowerBlock SportBench comes mostly assembled. All you need to do is attach the rear bottom support bar and you should be able to put the SportBench together relatively quickly.
Powerblock SportBench Specifications
- Dimensions in flat position – 16″ from pad to floor
- The total length (flat position) is 50″
- The widest part (back leg) is 21″
- Crafted from 14 Ga. 2″ x 3″ steel tubing
- Separate seat and back pad adjustments
- 5 position back pad adjustments
- Optional dip attachment available
- 550 lbs weight capacity
Founded in 1993, PowerBlock is best known within the lifting community for their innovative adjustable dumbbells. However, PowerBlock also offers their own take on the sports bench that is both compact and impressive. Highly adjustable, the SportBench features separate seat and back pad adjustments. The SportBench supports a maximum weight capacity of 550 lbs.